Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I wouldnt mind...

I wouldnt mind having a canary.
The sweetest little bird that sings songs all day.
Whenever i would get sad i could just listen to my canary.
How they hop around on their little stick legs :) it's hard not to smile.

I wouldnt mind loving my canary.
One that lived in its cage, happily singing away.
To wake up and feed it rainbow seeds that energize its tiny body.
Finding feathers in the bottom of the cage the same color as sunlight through the curtain.

I wouldnt mind taking care of my canary.
It would be my friend and we would exchange secrets.
It would greet me after school with a cheerful song that makes homework a little less dreadful.
When i need to have a social life without saying any words i can turn to my little yellow bird.

Would you mind having a canary?
Walking through the door after a stressful day at work and seeing an excited friend waiting for you?
Whispering little songs through the cage to hear similar sounds back.
Looking into the beady eyes of a true friend?
Truth is all that it knows :)
how wonderful


2 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL. Makes me want a canary, loved the watercolor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww thats so cute!!! we should get a canary. (haha leetle steek legs) :)

    ReplyDelete