Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Spirited Child- school paper

            My cousin Erin is a very spirited girl. Most of the time that I’m with her we laugh
constantly and go on exciting adventures. I only see her twice a year but sometimes the
excitement of our upcoming trips together make the time go by faster when we’re apart.
Erin is so easy to love and oh so gorgeous that she seems to glow everywhere she goes.

            Erin is incredibly beautiful with her long blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes that
highly resemble the summers blue skies. Her personality is so incredibly spunky and
outgoing that it’s rare that she’ll ever turn down a task. Whether it’s cart-wheeling around
an entire park or singing Taylor Swift songs at the top of her lungs, Erin will never cease
to amaze anyone. She creates an atmosphere where everyone is happy and when she
leaves the room it’s as though she took the feeling with her.

            I spent nearly the entire month of July with Erin and my sister Paris in
Washington at our grandmother’s house. We had so much fun it should have been a
crime. Every time Erin laughed her crazy, jumpy laugh, she made the joke even funnier.
Every time we drove somewhere we would blast the radio and hear Erin’s voice over
everyone else’s as she sang to the lyrics. I’ve learned that whenever I go on a trip I have
to bring Erin along to make it fun.

            Erin loves to shop, so whenever we see her we go shopping and look for good
deals. She loves shoes and always puts on the most adorable outfits. Her adorable self fits
into her lovely life like a puzzle piece and negotiates herself out of any situation that does
not suit her. The thing that I love the most about Erin is that she’s not afraid to be herself 
and will never turn down a compliment.

            Erin can never lose at anything because she’s always winning in her head. Even if
we’re having a water balloon fight on the roof not much can stop her momentum. We
have a plan, or at least the dream, to go to Africa and volunteer at an orphanage when we
graduate high school, and I know that if it does happen, we are going to have so much
fun. There aren’t many “Erin’s” in the world so I feel pretty lucky to have one as my
cousin.

4 comments:

  1. Miss Scarlett, you have brought tears to my eyes with your darling post about Miss Erin. You know her amazingly well, for she is exactly as you have described her. I love you sooo much and I am so thankful for the bond the two of you have. You are both the 3rd born children and both have birthdays on the 9th! It was meant to be that you two are the bestest cousins EVER, along with your partners in crime Pear and Lex!! xoxxoxooxox love you always, Aunt Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy! Erin is totally the bomb :) like mother like daughter :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! I LOOOOOVOVVOVOVOVOVEEEEE EEEETTTTT!!!!!!its so cute ! :):):):):):):):):):):)::):)::):):_)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the best post ever. And I say so from me and W (who can't comment because he does not have a gmail acct- I'll fix that!) You are a great girl and you have captured Erin perfectly!!! I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete